CIBUS VIRUS THERAPUTICS
Testing and tracking viruses provides the what and where, but treating viruses provides the why and how. Knowing the why and how makes it possible to stop the virus from replicating and curb the spread definitively. Cibus is using innovative science and technology to address this critical global need.
- Technology for specific editing of known sequence without introduction of foreign genetic material
- Able to specifically change the DNA of an organism to prevent or enhance gene expression
- Already proven useful for disease prevention in GMOs
- Validated in key viral infections and could be a platform with huge potential
- Foundational R&D done to provide
optimism for successful viral disease control
- Virulence genes in pathogens critical for successful infection already developed
- Non-GMO approach
- Potentially control any pathogen
- DNA or viral vector-based approaches possible
African Swine Fever
African Swine Fever currently has no treatment or vaccine, and causes death within 7-10 days.
Caused $140B in losses in 2019
300M - 350M Pigs have either been culled or have died from the virus in China in 2019. Roughly 25% of the global supply
Experts are calling it Pig Ebola, and the Worlds Greatest Animal Crisis
White Spot Syndrome Virus
Shrimp disease that currently has no treatment or vaccine, and causes death to the entire pond within 4-7 days.
Causes $1 billion in industry losses every year
80-100% mortality in 5-7 days
Vietnam alone lost $800M USD in 2017 due to massive white spot problem